A quick post to plug a couple of things for the Centre for Policy Development:
The Centre for Policy Development is pleased to announce we are seeking applications for a new Sustainable Economy Fellowship. The fellowship is generously sponsored by Slater and Gordon and is offered through Centre for Policy Development’s new Sustainable Economy Program which aims to research and develop options for Australia to make a rapid transition to an economy that works within environmental limits and is socially sustainable.
The successful applicant will:
* Receive $10,000 financial support to work on a mutually agreed research project over a period of 3 – 6 months
* Have access to the CPD office and resources for the period of the fellowship.
* Have her/his research published as a CPD paper and launched at a high profile public event
* Receive intensive assistance in placing relevant opinion pieces in media outlets
* Receive media training if required
* Be mentored by leading experts in the field.
Could this person be someone you know?
We are looking for someone prepared to imagine what a truly sustainable Australia might look like – and to research the policy ideas that can help us get there. This fellowship is suited to PhD/masters students or early-career researchers with an interest in connecting their work to current Australian policy debates.
Applications close on Friday 6th November. Click here for more info and the online application.
Readers interested in sustaining the CPD’s activities might also care to vote in a poll being conducted online by Ethical Jobs, which will influence the distribution of $2000 to a number of non-profits this month.